Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekend Update


Gosh, I could get used to weekends full of friends, celebrations and good times!  I was so excited to host two of my sweet friends at my house this weekend, Alisha and Beth!  It just so happened that Alisha's birthday was this past Thursday, so I knew we needed to celebrate that as well!  
Every girls weekend needs a yummy beverage to get it started, so while waiting for the girls to get here, I made a little Sangria to go along with our Mexican fiesta!  I just picked up a bottle of Sangria at Lowes Foods and added a some granny smith apples and oranges!  So yummy and refreshing! 


I added the girls initials to some mason jars to add a little personalized touch!


Friday night was so fun eating, catching up, laughing and celebrating with the birthday girl!  It is always so refreshing to have people in my house.  I love it, absolutely love it!

First selfie of the weekend! :)


Birthday goodies!

Happy Birthday Alisha!


Saturday morning we were lazy and then headed to a local restaurant for brunch.  It was so yummy and the restaurant had the cutest decor!  Great conversation and great food made for a great morning!



We spent the day Saturday shopping around Hickory, of course I didn't buy anything but it was just so nice to have these girls in my town.  We went up to the Tap Room in the afternoon to enjoy some beverages and appetizers.  Really the perfect way to end their visit!


It is always sad to see friends go, I was so thankful for this time with these gals!  They are such strong, confident and caring women!  After they left, I loaded up in the car and headed to Charlotte to meet up with another friend for a fun night!


Beth and I love some Dave Barnes and we were so excited when we found out he was going to be playing at a local theater in Charlotte!  It was obvious that we would get tickets!  I love hanging out with Beth!  The concert was at the Neighborhood Theater in the NoDa area of Charlotte!  I had never been there before and I LOVED it!  It kinda reminded me of the River Arts District in Asheville.  Eclectic people, fun restaurants, street vendors, bars and music venues. We ate dinner and then headed to the theater for Dave!



If you have never heard Dave Barnes, I highly recommend!  He is a very talented artist from Nashville and not to mention he is hilarious!  He wrote the song "God Gave me You" that Blake Shelton made famous!  This concert was super and a great way to end the weekend!  I was pretty excited that he played my favorite song, Until You



Today I have stayed in my pjs all day and been super lazy!  And I wouldn't trade it for the world!  Hope you all had a great weekend!  I am excited to share some exciting news on the blog tomorrow, hope you will come back and check it out!  I hope lots of you will want to join in!  Have a great Monday friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips