Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing

Happy Tuesday friends!  We are expecting some heavy rain and storms tonight and tomorrow, hope you and yours are safe and sound!  Praying for those already affected by this severe weather!

For Easter one of my tasks was to bring a dessert to our family Easter dinner.  Well you all know by now that I recently got a Kitchenaid mixer and I love that thing.  Before it came into my life I was always nervous to bake.  But now, bring on the baking!  Something magical happens when you dump all those ingredients in that bowl and flip the switch!

So, I looked all through my cookbooks Pinterest and found a great looking recipe for Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!  Friends, they were amazing!   I wish I could make these everyday!  I want you all to have that little taste of heaven in your life so I figured I would share the recipe with you!    Enjoy friends!

Coconut Cupcakes 


Ingredients:
  • 1 White Cake Mix
  • 1 large (5.1 oz) box of vanilla instant pudding
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tsp coconut extract

Instructions


Mix the cake mix, pudding, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and extract together till smooth. The batter will be thicker than normal cake batter.
Pour into cupcake papers (should fill about 22-24 cupcakes).
Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Bake only until the top bounces back up when you touch it. You don’t want to overbake.

Cream Cheese Frosting( yep, I made it!)


Ingredients:

  • 2 packages of cream cheese (8 oz)
  • 1 stick of softened butter
  • 2-3 C powdered sugar
  • 2-4 Tbsp milk

Instructions:

Mix all of these ingredients together until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if it’s too runny or more milk if it is too thick.  I also added a little bit of coconut extract to taste to my frosting.
Put this in a plastic bag and snip off the corner, then pipe it onto your cupcakes and sprinkle immediately with coconut.

Here is the final product!  Seriously friends, you are going to want to make these, ASAP!


Have a sweet week!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips