Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Freindly Weekend

What an incredibly beautiful weekend!  So thankful for 3 days of sunshine and warm temperatures!  I would like to think this means that spring is here to stay, but you know this week we dip back into the 
50s and lows in the 30s.  Geez!  

I have been excited for this weekend since March!  My sweet friend Sarai's birthday was in March but due to busy schedules and such, we had not been able to get together to celebrate until this weekend! And friends, I love a girls weekend in Asheville!  

So on Friday I loaded up the car, loaded up Lola (the dog I am dog sitting) and we made our way to Asheville!  Isn't Lola just the cutest? 


I dropped Lola off with Momma Suz, she babysat for the weekend and then headed to Sarai's house in Mars Hill!  We decided since most of us would be traveling Friday night that it might make more sense to stay in Friday night!  Lori and Beth picked us up some takeout from Panera and we enjoyed a fabulous evening in full of laughter, conversation, and friends.  I am so thankful for these gals, and that we have the type of friendship that just picks up right where you leave off!  

One of our many traditions is that we must have a birthday cake that has something crazy wrong with it, well this year did not disappoint!  When Beth and Lori stopped to get the cake they asked the person at the bakery to write "33 and Awesome" on the cake...well this is what we got!  


Saturday morning we headed out to town for brunch and some shopping!  We hit up one of my new favorite places for brunch, Another Broken Egg Cafe!  It is so yummy and such a quaint little place in Biltmore Park! We decided to get the Cinnamon Roll French Toast as an appetizer, and friends, this might have been the best decision I have ever made in my life.  I wish I had a picture of it, it was unbelievable!  
Me and the Birthday Girl Sarai!  Love this gal and thankful for a chance meeting at WCU!
Beth and Lori!  Such blessings in my life!



As we were leaving, we couldn't resist the chance for one more group photo!  These sweet girls who were coming into the cafe offered to take our pictures by telling us that they could save us from the selfie!  So funny!  Little did they know that we have the best selfie taker in the world in our little group of friends!  :)


We shopped around Biltmore Park for a while.  Well actually we spent all of our time in Charming Charlie trying on jewelry and fun stuff!  I really love that store and love how they have their things organized and the prices are great!  

Sarai mentioned on Friday night that she had never been to the French Broad Chocolate Lounge, so I insisted that be on our list of stops for Saturday!  So we headed downtown to visit one of my absolute favorite places!  And friends, if you have never been there you must go!  Everything is so delicious!


Not sure how this is the only picture we have our treats, but this is the Lavender Brulee!  And it is amazing!



I drove to my Mamaw's Saturday afternoon to meet up with my mom and pick up sweet Lola!  And today has been spent catching up on housework, doing some food prep and just relaxing and dreaming of spring break!  This week I have a 4 day work week and I couldn't be more ready for a break from school!  Loved having this seriously fabulous weekend to help prepare me for this week! 

And friends don't forget that tomorrow is our first Made to Crave Monday.  I am so excited about this journey!  I have spent some time today reading and preparing to share my thoughts with you about the introduction and the first 2 chapters!  I will post my thoughts tomorrow evening and would love for you to join in on the conversation in the comments!  It's going to be great!



Did you read this weekend?  What else did you do to refresh for the week? See you tomorrow!  Have a wonderful Monday friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips