Thursday, August 27, 2015

Friday Favorites: Meet my Favorite People

Happy (almost) Friday friends!  I am posting my Friday Favorites on Thursday night because I know I won't have time to post it tomorrow! :) 

I decided to take the summer off from blogging but am so excited to be back!  This week has been crazy as school has started back, but I will admit it is kinda nice to be in a routine.  I am not sure my self agrees though when my alarm clock goes off at 5 am.  This morning I must have been in shock, I hit the snooze for an hour.  

On my birthday I shared a picture that had a lot of my friends asking questions, and I knew a blog post was needed!  So here is a little update on what has been going on with me! :)


A year ago on my birthday I received an innocent birthday message from an old friend from High School.  Just a simple Happy Birthday. Of course I replied which started conversation.  This friend was in my youth group growing up and in fact we went to my Junior Prom together.  I wish I had a picture to show you, you will have to wait for that one.  

So high school friend and I chatted more and more and then he asked me to dinner. Reluctantly I said yes and when we met it was as if no time had passed at all.  He filled me in on his life, on his two children, his family etc.  I didn't tell him this at the time, but man I was nervous.  What was supposed to be a quick dinner turned into a 4 hour dinner.  Later that evening we chatted again and decided to meet up again soon.  And friends the rest is history!  




Today marks one year since what I consider our first date, and it has been the most amazing year of my life.  It's no secret that I have prayed and prayed and prayed for God to bring me the person that was perfect for me.  There were many times of doubting and impatience, times of wondering if that was the path that God had for my life.  I am so thankful that I waited for the one I truly believe God hand picked for me.  And I love that our story started a long time ago and has come full circle! 



I love the way Steven (he does have a name afterall) takes care of others.  I love his encouraging spirit and the way He seeks the Lord to guide Him in all he does.  He makes me laugh, he cares for me well.  One of the things I love most about him though is the way he loves and care for these two...


My heart was not prepared for the love I have for these two blessings!  Gavin and Sydney truly are amazing!  Gavin just started 3rd grade.  He is witty and funny!  Loves to talk and has such a tender heart.  Sydney started Kindergarten this year and is so excited about school.  She is hilarious and independent and has just the right amount of sass!  And they have captured my heart!


This past year has been full of so much love and laughter.  Countless memories made and more to come!  I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have these three in my life.  I just can't wait to see where this adventure leads!  






No question that these three are some of my favorites!





5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for what the future holds either! Hopefully shopping for the dre...and more dre...!
    No, truly friend, no makes me smile from ear to ear like I do when I see you in these pics! LOVE ALL AROUND! Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DeV. and I are over the moon happy for you! You presented this peek into the last year in such a sweet loving way. Thank you for giving us a glimpse into the love you have been experiencing. Much love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all makes sense now! My brain has taken big hits recently & memory is part of it. So I went to the year book the other day to find him, & I KNEW I knew him bc of you... I just wasn't connecting all the dots!
    I can't be more happy for you & your favorite 3 if I tried! You deserve the world! I'm so happy God started the path y'all share so long ago, & that it's now come full circle! Keep sharing the smiles bc I love seeing them! I love you! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love... Love... Love... Love... Times infinity 💕

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips