Tuesday, October 7, 2014

31 days of my favorite things: Day 7 Tunes

Whoever said when words fail music speaks, was certainly speaking the truth.  I have always had a love for music.  Growing up there was music playing in my house, beach music was a favorite of my dad's and he and I would dance and sing to The Drifters and The Platters.  Some of my fondest memories involve music.

When certain songs come through the shuffle on iTunes I am immediately taken back to specific places and memories come flooding into my mind.  I love how music can connect people, how it can evoke emotions like nothing else, how sometimes when you don't have the strength to come up with the words to say, a song can do it for you.

I am going to post 3 songs that I am really enjoying right now, I guess we could say they are my favorites at the moment.  My favorite songs are constantly changing so maybe this will have to be a regular feature on the blog.


Favorite Song #1:  The Luckiest by Ben Folds

A couple of weeks ago my mom and I had the privilege of seeing Ben Folds play with the Charlotte Symphony and I was reminded about how much I truly love this song.  I guess this is one of those sappy songs that girls listen to and wish for.  Maybe one day it will be played at a special day for me.




Favorite Song #2:  Shake it Off  by Taylor Swift

Yep, what can I say.  I love this song!  I turn it up loud in the car, play it when I am getting ready in the mornings and maybe even have some dance parties around the house while it is playing!  Love the message and you really can't help but sing along!




Favorite Song #3:  Dance with Me by Ryan Long

This just became one of my favorite songs tonight, I'm serious.  I am blessed to work with a wonderful ministry called Young Life and we had our annual banquet this evening.  Ryan Long was our special guest and he shared this song and I was immediately in love.  Love how it weaves in the gospel and that we have a father who is willing to go to the ends of the earth for us and will always ask us to dance.





What's your favorite song?  I am always looking for new favorites!  Can't wait to check out your suggestions!  Have a great week friends!




1 comment:

  1. Love The Luckiest! And while my older daughter says Taylor is now dead to her (not country anymore) I think a Shake is fun. Now I need to check out your 3rd song!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips