Monday, March 31, 2014

Celebrate Good Times: A Weekend Recap

This weekend was a weekend full of celebrating some of my very people!  And it was so much fun!  I love spending time with my family and friends and this weekend was full of just that!

Friday night was super low key, because honestly I am old and by the time Friday comes around I just exhausted.  Around 10:00 Friday evening, I remembered I had not even eaten dinner.  I am actually pretty surprised I made it til 10 o'clock that evening.

I was supposed to run a 5K on Saturday morning but it was raining and I opted to stay in my bed.  Running is hard enough, and running in the rain sounds pretty miserable!  Thankful that my friend Kristi is already on the hunt for another 5K for us to do together!


Saturday's celebrations started with a birthday brunch for my sweet friend Amanda!  She is such a dear friend and I am so glad that our paths crossed a few years ago!  She is more like family and those are the kinds of friends that make my heart super happy!



We had quite the spread for brunch and it was all so good!  We had a waffle bar (including Funfetti waffles), fruit tray, muffins and the most delicious breakfast casserole!  And I might have had some yummy coffee with a little Bailey's mixed in!  :) 




After we ate til we were so stuffed we headed to the movies to continue the day of celebrating Amanda!  Such a fun time with some of the best friends a girl could ask for!  So thankful for my Hickory family!



The celebrations continued on Saturday as I headed down to Forest City to see party with my Grandmother!  What a little fireball!  I love this lady so much and I will say if I look this good at 87 I will be thrilled!


We went to eat Mexican and spent lots of quality time with the family.  It was such a refreshing time. I am so blessed to still have both of my grandmothers and love soaking up time with them.  My favorite cousin Billy Mac was in town and that made the visit even more fun.  He decided he wanted to spend the night at Mamaw's and we had a great time!  I love that little guy.  This is certainly not the best picture of me, but look at how cute he is! :)


One of the highlights of Mamaw's birthday celebration would be the amazing cake my sweet friend Kathryn made!  Check out her blog and leave her some love!  She posts the most amazing recipes and ideas.  No doubt she is one of the most talented people I know from foodie to hair dresser to wedding planner!  She does it all!  I mean guys look at this cake...She is taking orders for Easter, I can honestly say it was one of the most delicious cakes I have ever had!


My weekend was fantastic and then this morning I was greeted with this sunrise.  This week has to be amazing right? 



What did you do this weekend?  I hope you all have an amazing week friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips