Thursday, March 20, 2014

Change is Not my Favorite


First off, happy first day of spring!  It was so lovely to see the sun shining today!  I am hearing rumblings of a possible snow event coming next week?  Please say it isn't so!  Fingers crossed it misses us.  


I like my world to be stable.  When I find something I like, I stick with it.  Change make me nervous, it is scary.  I don't like the unknowns that change brings about.  This year I made a big change, I left the place I had worked for 12 years to start a new adventure.  I miss those people, I miss those kids, I miss those hallways, but it was time for a change.  

The first few months in my new place were hard, they were lonely.  I didn't have people yet.  I was the new gal on the block and at times I wasn't sure if I would find my place.  As I get older I realize how hard it is to break into other people's social circles.  Many days I was frustrated and not sure if I had made the right choice.  

But the good thing about change is it gives you the opportunity to get to experience new things, meet new people, and make new memories.  And over the past few weeks, I have just been really thankful for all this "new"!  I am excited about the opportunities at the new school and what the future holds.  I am feeling blessed and cared for by some amazing new friends.  I have been amazed at how paths have been crossed and people have come into my life.  

This change has also made me appreciate and value those old relationships as well!  I miss my people.  But with this change it has made me be more intentional in keeping up with those dear friends.   The beauty is that I have deepened those relationships and love those friends in a whole new way.  I think there will always be things I miss, but am thankful for the new level these relationships have taken!




Maybe this will be a season where I learn not to fear change so much.  I am starting to see the blessings that come along with it!  Who knows what the future might hold?

What change are you facing friends?  Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips