Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekend Recap: Wicked Edition

Some weekends just go down in the record books as great ones, and this one was no exception!  So blessed to have had a super weekend with some of my best friends, my sweet momma and family!  I live for weekends like this, that fill you up and refresh you, that make you think you might be able to tackle the week ahead.  

Friday, I drove to Asheville, I know shocking right!  I met up with some of my besties, Lori and Sarai and had dinner at Moe's.  Then we just had an old fashioned girls night.  Lots of laughs, catching up on life, and even some ice cream eaten right out of the carton!  Nothing like a night with great friends!


Then Saturday we were ready for a Wickedly fun weekend!  First stop, brunch at Another Broken Egg Cafe in Biltmore Park.  Cinnamon Roll French Toast...need I say more!  Yummo!  



Then we headed to Greenville to see Wicked!  Friends, I am in love with downtown Greenville!  If the opportunity was made available I think I would move there in a heartbeat!  The downtown is precious, tons of shops and yummy restaurants.  So fun!  To say we were excited about seeing Wicked would be an understatement.  I have always said I will stop seeing this show when it no longer evokes some kind of emotion in me and from the first note I had chill bumps and then the tears start flowing!  Guess I will be seeing it again!  


  

Beth and I can't be together without having a little photo shoot!  So here are some of my favorites from our selfie shoot in front of the Starbucks!





We ended the night with a yummy dinner and lots of friend time!  It was such a great day and so glad I was able to experience it with some many people I love!  Momma Suz and I headed to my grandmother's house Saturday night to spend the night and to have some time to visit on Sunday!

I know I am beyond blessed to still have both of my grandmothers living and healthy.  My Mamaw is 87, works most days in our family jewelry store and is so spunky!  I love spending time with her and she always sends me home with  yummy food!  My dad's mom, Gran is 93 and sharp as a tack. This woman never ceases to amaze me.  I had such a great visit with her on Sunday just talking about life and love.  She has such the sweetest heart and she always grabs my hand when I sit next to her and holds it while we talk.  She is such a dear.  I love being at her house because so many memories flood my mind.  While we were chatting I just looked outside at the view from her front door and was so thankful for my family, memories and life!  


This weekend was a great one and I am equally as excited about this weekend coming up!  Valentine's Day!  :)

What fun did you get into this weekend?





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips