Friday, January 31, 2014

Five on Friday

Happy Friday friends!  Hope you have  had a great week!  This week has felt like a blur with an early dismissal at school, two snow days and then a three hour delay.  It really feels like a super long weekend!

I am linking up today with Liz, Christina, Natasha and Darci for Five on Friday!  Enjoy!




{O N E}
Snow days have meant a lot of time for me and my good friend Netflix to bond.  I found myself getting hooked, yet again, to an old favorite...Grey's Anatomy!  I seriously love that show.  I did start a new series, The Following.  Anyone watch that?  That is definitely going to be a show I have to watch during the daylight hours!  But all that Netflix watching has made me miss SCANDAL!  Isn't it time for that show to come back?  I miss Fitz and Olivia.  It has been a long few weeks with no Scandal in my life!  :)




{T W O}
It is not secret that public school teachers are some of the hardest working people around. I have had the honor of working along side some of the most dedicated teachers. And it is not secret that teachers don't always get the good press they deserve.  This post has been all over Facebook recently and is a beautiful story about a teacher who is looking beyond her test scores, low salary and poor conditions and is looking at the heart of why we do what we do...the students!  I have come in contact with teachers just like her who really are in the business of loving kids!  It really is a great read!



{T H R E E}
A few weeks ago, I decided that my bedroom needed a little makeover.  One of the easiest and cheapest ways to make a change is to switch up the bedding. So I hit up my local Home Goods (love this store) and found a great set!  I really do love it.  Love that it came with accent pillows and is reversible.  I even found time to make the bed during these snow days, this is not something that normally happens!  I would like to add some more pillows and possibly a new throw for the end of the bed.  




{F O U R}
I guess I can't not post some pictures of what has made this week so enjoyable...the snow!  I love my little house and love the way it looks in the snow!




{F I V E}
I am truly blessed with some great friends and those great friends have some super cute kids.  I am so thankful for the ways that these friends let me come alongside them and be involved with their families.  Last night I got a text from my sweet friend Katie inviting me over for dessert and some girl/Liam time!  I jumped at the chance to hang with these guys!  It was a perfect way to end a snow day Thursday!  Here is Liam, is he not the cutest!  



Have a great weekend full of friends, food and football!  What are you up to this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. L just love you!!! I might need to give this 5 a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from the link up! Love your bedding!! Isn't it something how much of an impact new bedding has? It looks fabulous! Hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips