Saturday, May 31, 2008

In the details...

I love the details...the extra things that make the experiences of life that much more enjoyable. I love knowing the details of my friends lives...the things that make them smile, cry, laugh. I truly believe that this is what enjoying the little things in life is all about. As much as I try to pay attention to this friends favorite candy, or this friends favorite flower, I do not even hold a candle to how much my God loves details. It seems that I always try to equate God to big projects...fixing the major things in my life, healing those that I love, feeding the millions of hungry children of the world, protecting people from natural disasters. And in all the big things, I lose sight of the fact that the God who loves me is SO into details. In fact, He is so into them that the body He created is a perfect reminder of how much he loves me and cares about the details of my life.

I am sure that a most of you have seen this video by now. I will never forget sitting in the Old Charlotte Coliseum earlier this year and being blown away when Louis Giglio shared this detail with the crowd. The coliseum had been full of loud music, praises being shouted and sung and in one instant it was completely silent. You see the cross of Christ literally holds us together...its Laminin.




I was not a biology major in college, but the simple definition of Laminin is this...the fibers that hold our cells together. So you see my friends, it is literally the love of God that is holding our very bodies together. Talk about the details...if you have not seen the video I really suggest you take a peek...you won't be disappointed!



2 comments:

  1. You and I are such kindred spirits, my friend... God is in the details, isn't He?! Thanks for sharing this and for our sweet good mail surprise... just wait till you see the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we really supposed to yell at you if you're missing for any length of time? Just in case, blame Hope, who misses her Auntie Brookie (she can say your name now!!) Come on August!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips