Sunday, May 18, 2008

Random thoughts from this super tired gal...

My mind is kinda racing right now with lots of thoughts and wonderings and hopes and dreams, so if this post kinda jumps around a little, I apologize. But I knew that if I did not go ahead and write it, I would forget all the things going on. So basically, I have all these different emotions right now, so I am going to attempt to give you a little insight on what I am feeling and why I am having said feelings.

I am feeling a tad bit anxious as tomorrow begins the week that all North Carolina educators dread...End of Grade Tests. While I know that I should measure my success as a teacher with many other tools besides a standardized test, I know that this is important to my school. This week will just be plain stressful...the kids will be stressed, teachers will be stressed, parents will be stressed, administration will be stressed. I will do my best to remind my students over and over that they CAN do it and WILL do well, but everytime we review something, my confidence in those two statements seems to drop just a little! So if you think about it...say a little prayer for all the students across the state who will be participating in the EOG's this week...

I am feeling blessed for the opportunity to participate in an awesome summer minstry. This weekend we had our last staff planning meeting for music weeks at Truett Camp this summer and I am so excited about what God is going to do with these two weeks in July. I am always so encouraged when we get together and I am literally counting down the days until camp. This year at middle school camp we will be focusing on worship and we are hoping to instill in these students that worship is so much more than going to church on Sunday morning. And this challenges me to make sure that I am truly living a life of worship. We read the book, The Air I Breathe by Louis Giglio and in the book, Louie reminds us that whatever has our minds attention, our hearts affection, our time, our money, our energy, etc... is what we worship and although I have heard this a million times and tried to really reflect on this in my own life, it is my desire to really make sure that the number ONE thing on my priority list would be Christ. Yeah for camp and a place where we can make a difference in the lives of students!

I am also feeling so thankful for laughter. This past week I have enjoyed being around people who make me laugh. Such a good stress reliever for such a stressful time and a way to bond friends and to just have fun. I really have not laughed so much in a while. From mother bleeper, to Danube, to Where's the Fruit, to Julie's super cute shirt...the list could go on and on. Thank you God for laughter and for friends who go along with it!

Well, I know there is so much more to share...but I must go get ready for the week that is ahead of me! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your EOG's, my friend... your kids will do awesome (esp. considering they have the Teacher of the Year on their side!) Praying for you and all that's going on... wouldn't you like to come to N'ville for a little vacation from it all?! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips