Sunday, August 17, 2008

As promised...

Continuing with my theme of the Top 30 things I have learned in my 30's...Here is the second...
Accepting help from others is an ok thing to do. I tend to the be the girl that would rather do things for others and have a very difficult time accepting help from other people. As I get older, I am learning more and more that one of the reasons I think that God put us in relationship with one another is to be able to be there for those we love. And yes, asking for help does put you in a very vulnerable and sometimes uncomfortable position but the blessing is so worth it. I have often heard people say that when you don't let them help you, you are actually keeping them from a blessing. So, when you need those around you to be the things that you can't be for yourself...take the chance. I am finding that it is so worth it, you find that those you love are so willing to step up. Because I don't like to have people upset at me, I tend to think that asking for help is an inconvenience for people and that they will somehow hold it against me. This is such a tainted view of what true friendship is...you see when you are in those places where you don't think there is anyone who can help, listen, understand...it is in those places that you find who your true friends are. So in my next 30 years I am going to work hard to not only be the giver but also the receiver...
(not sure if this makes sense...I am tired...school starts back tomorrow...I am 30!...enough said!)
Here comes #3....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips