Monday, October 8, 2012

Now let's pretend it is Saturday :)

As stated on Friday's post, I have been blessed with some pretty amazing people in my life.  One of my absolute favorite traditions that I have established with some of those people is our annual Girls Weekend!  A group of college friends made the commitment several years ago that our friendships were pretty important and annually we gather for  a weekend getaway to catch up on life, share our hearts, eat some pretty delicious food, laugh til we cry, cry til me laugh and most of all encourage each other.

One of my favorite things we do is take turns hosting the weekend.  Meaning, 2 girls out of the group will take the leadership role in planning the events, special treats, meals and all the other really important details of the weekend.  And my friends, well they go all out!  From decorations, to gifts on our pillows, to treat bags for the ride home complete with our favorite snacks.  These little details are the things that make us all feel so special.


These friendships are sweet indeed.  These are the relationships that I treasure, that I am so thankful for.  No matter how long we go between phone calls, emails, texts or visits, these are the kinds of friendships where we can just pick up where we left off.  We  have seen each other through celebrations, grief, confusion, happiness, you name it we have experienced it.  But isn't that what makes life sweet?  What makes us wanna come back year after year...


These are the memories that we hold dear to our hearts.  The memories that encourage us even when the distance is great.


These are the friendships that were started in middle school yearbook class and have continued through the grown up years.  These are the people you call family, who you treasure.


These are the people who know us inside and out and love us anyway.  So grateful!



These are the people whose hearts encourage me to be more loving, whose smiles encourage me to be more kind, whose faith encourage me to be stronger. 

Already counting down the days til our next gathering...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips