Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 5

Pretend it is Friday :)

I have been blessed with some really great friends and family.  These are not just your ordinary friends and family, I am talking the best.  Seriously the best!  So on Friday's during this journey, I will highlight  one (or two or three) of my friends or family members who have been an encouragement to me!  It is high time the blog world (or all 2 of you who read my blog) heard just how great these guys are!


Today it is this little lady...


Friends, meet my Mamaw.  Isn't she the cutest thing you have ever seen?  I love this woman.  I admire her strength, her motivation, her giving spirit and and her sassy personality.  She has modeled for me what it means to work hard and never give up, even when things get hard.  Her selfless spirit has encouraged me to care about people even when they aren't easy to care for and to value those we love above all.  As my grandfather's health started to decline, I was amazed at how much my grandmother sacrificed to care for him.  I know that I am a better woman, because of how she has poured into my life and set an example of love and grace for me.  She makes me laugh, she makes me smile, and yes sometimes she kinda makes me want to scream, but even in those moments, I know that she is only doing things out of love for me!  I am so very thankful for all the ways she has poured into my life and encouraged me to follow my dreams, whether that be to become a teacher or fly halfway around the world to love on babies in Africa.  Mamaw, I know that I don't say it enough, and I don't even know if you will see this, but thank you!  Thank you for loving me!  I sure do love you!

Who has encouraged you friends?

Be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips