Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 days of Encouragement Day 3...a day late

Well, my internet at home has been out for a while and yesterday I did not have time to post from work, so forgive the lack of posting yesterday!

Yesterday started off in a crazy and frantic way.  I woke up late...not a new thing.  I rushed around the house to get ready to leave for work, wasn't able to fully dry my hair and had to skip my Starbucks stop.  It was just one of those mornings when I felt like I had already started the day 10 steps behind.   When I got to work, I remembered that the principal was not there and that would mean a bit of extra work for me.  I kinda felt defeated before the day even started.

I had been working in my office and needed to go visit a classroom when I passed a group of students in the hallway.  I greeted them quickly, focused on where I was going, when I heard a sweet voice say..."Ms. Simpson, you look very pretty today."  I paused, looked in those precious eyes, and just smiled.  What sweet encouragement from the most innocent of voices.  I didn't question whether or not she was sincere, as I probably would have if it had come from one of my peers.  I didn't immediately try to come up with some kind of excuse as to why I did not look pretty.  I just took her compliment and held it close to my heart all day!

We forget how a compliment, a sincere compliment can encourage and bring joy to someone's day.  How a simple gesture that comes from the heart can make us walk a little taller, feel a little prouder, and bring a smile to our faces.  How can you do that for someone today?

Be encouraged friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips