Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Because I'm Happy.....


Isn't this so appropriate after the craziness that was the Lilly for Target sale on Sunday?  I did brave the rain, early morning hours, and many monogrammed baseball caps to make it to Target on Sunday!  Thankful for my friend Windy who got us a prime spot in line.  I honestly wasn't looking for much, I had ordered online, but scored a scarf I had my eye on and a few little girl things for a cutie I know!  It was crazy though friends, I think the Pink Sunday label is completely accurate, it was so much like Black Friday. 

But honestly, this quote is so true.  And if I am being honest with you, I struggle at being happy.  It's not that I don't want to be happy, it's just that I find myself falling into the habit of looking for the dark clouds instead of the silver linings.  But over the past few weeks, I have been making a conscious effort to look for the positive, to point out the good, and to share the happy!  And you know what, it's working!

I am confident that this will be something I have to make an effort at each and everyday but at the end of the day, the truth of the matter is, I have lots to be happy about.  There are little moments of everyday that bring a smile to my face and those are the things that I really want to focus on.  So cheers to being happy!   Here are just a few of my "happys" today...

* warm coffee with chocolate chip cookie creamer...yummo!
* Having a student get so excited that I opened their car door for them this morning, "Ms. Simpson, I was hoping you would open my door today!"
* Taking my sweet goddaughters to get pedicures yesterday...sparkles for everyone
* Catching up on sending note cards for my April goals, yep, I am behind but I can catch up!
* smiles and laughter
* new music from some of my favorite bands 
* newly announced NFL schedules and already talk about tailgating and fun


What do you have to be happy about today? 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your happiness, and LOVE that it came at a time when I was battling stormy weather. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips