Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sweet

I blame Pinterest for this.  After glancing at my boards yesterday, I knew I had to make this Red Velvet Cake Dip.  Of course I did not have the ingredients at my house and of course they are calling for Snowmageddon around these parts this week.  I knew that the grocery store would be crazy, but I will willing to risk it!  And man, it was so worth it!




I was also very excited to use my Kitchenaid mixer for the first time.  Man, I think that thing has changed my life!  So easy to mix up this yummy dip! 



Cream cheese and butter, what could be better!  First steps to an amazing sweet treat!



Mix in red velvet cake mix, brown sugar and powdered sugar.  Fold in chocolate chips.



Every good chef makes a mess now and then. 



Perfect red color for a Valentine treat!  


Finished product!  Ready to serve up with some vanilla wafers!


Friends...this dip was amazing!  I am a huge fan of red velvet cake and this dip certainly was delicious.  So my suggestion is to hurry to the grocery store before the snow craziness begins and grab up the ingredients to make this treat.  You will not be disappointed!


Red Velvet Cake Dip

8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
chocolate chips

Mix together cream cheese and butter until smooth and slightly fluffy.  Next add in cake mix, brown sugar and powdered sugar until completely combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Leave a few chocolate chips to sprinkle on top.  Serve with vanilla wafers or graham crackers.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips